Sunday, August 9, 2009

Keeping track to get back on track


Even with seeing Ashley's beautiful activity charts and being encouraged by my friend Rachel to use a calendar to track my progress, I couldn't see it working for me, but as I've started to become lax in the exercise department I decided it was worth a shot. Here's how my thought process went the first day:

"Ok, crappy wrinkled calendar stuck on the fridge. I guess I could just mark the days I've exercised with an X."
"Or...I could use stickers."
"Hee hee....stickers are fun!"

And that folks is why being easily amused by things will get you far in life. So far the calendar has been surprisingly motivating. Looking at that blank stretch from Thursday to Saturday this morning inspired me to Shred tonight (for the first time in about two weeks probably...and I paid for it). I'm not sure how the last two weeks of August will look as I'll be in Alberta visiting my sister (!) but I will have access to a gym and pool while I'm there so hopefully I'll get some exercise in. Will I be dorky enough to bring the calendar with me and stick it on her fridge? Stay tuned to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I don't think there's any room on my fridge for your calendar, sadly enough! But I could make room if you really want to bring it!

    ReplyDelete