Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tomatoes!


Even though the weather in Ottawa has caused me to question it lately, my tomato plant reminds me that it really is summer. I grew tomatoes last year as well but the fact that in a few weeks time I'll be able to walk into my backyard and pick a tomato to eat still amazes me. I can't wait - there are few better food experiences than eating a tomato you have grown and picked yourself.


Last year I had two huge tomato plants and the situation quickly got out of hand, with more ripe tomatoes than I knew what to do with. One plant, especially one this big, should more than suffice for this year! I hope to be more on top of things and make more batches of pasta sauce, soup, and salsa, although the first few ripe tomatoes are destined for one thing and one thing only - tomato sandwiches. Yum, yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment